Friday, June 19, 2009

the proposal

We got engaged on Friday May 8, 2009. That day after work Brad and I went on a bike ride. On the way up the canyon to Bridalveil Falls he was stalling like crazy. We watched some tv, casually chatted and returned a movie to blockbuster. Finally we got to the parking lot of Bridalveil and Brad pulled out the beach cruisers. He slowly pumped up the tires and eventually we were on our way up the trail. After riding for about 5 minutes...Brad claims it was longer...Brad complained to me that he was out of shape and wanted to turn around so we could take a break. I was a little confused at this point, anyone who knows Brad knows A. that he is not out of shape and B. that he loves going on adventures outside. So after some convincing we turned around and stopped at a spot where the fence ended. We parked our bikes and walked down to the river. First we were just looking at the river, testing the water and being cheesy. Next Brad asked me if I wanted to know the secret (I knew that he had one earlier this week, but he wouldn't tell me about it). Of course I said yes and he grabbed my hands and told me the first part wasn't a secret and that he loved me.


Then his hands started shaking and honestly I cant remember what he said next. The only thing going through my head was "OH, MY GOSH! OH, MY GOSH! Next he was on one knee and had my beautiful ring! I said something like "babee" in a weird voice and asked him if I could scream.


Then out of the bushes jumped the Sistrunks cheering for us. Brad was so smart and arranged to have the Sistrunks get the whole thing on film.


Brad is pretty romantic if you didn't know and super thoughtful too! After sharing our news with family and friends we enjoyed dinner at our favorite local spot Guru's. It was a perfect night!